Shopify Plus is an eCommerce platform designed in 2014 by Shopify, exclusively for advancing productivity in enterprises through its extensive program features, built-in automation services, and an interface geared towards making customers’ businesses as easy and comfortable as can be. Let’s dive into the Shopify Plus Review.
It was created to be Shopify’s extension for enterprise customers. From “Make Commerce Better” to “Make Commerce Better for Everyone,” it was developed primarily to cater to the needs of the large firms and companies in the business sector.
These enterprise merchants require proficiency as a crucial part of success in their operations. In the rapidly developing and dynamic eCommerce world, one cannot overemphasize the need to make decisions and move quickly.
As such, the software of such a company would greatly determine its growth. Hence the need to subscribe to a software program that would operate on a large scale and strive for added productivity and efficiency.
PRICING AND TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
Unlike Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify, the pricing plan for Shopify Plus Review is set to adjust to the needs of the customer. The enterprise merchant is allowed the use of a highly customized plan, where he is allowed to discuss the demands of his stores with Shopify and reach an agreement that will suit his needs.
The Shopify Plus license is $2000/month, and it allows the customer to create up to 9 expansion stores, which could be created in different countries (and languages). The best part is that the additional expansion stores are for free as Shopify Plus does not factor them into monthly costs.
Spreading the expansion stores over different sites would further reduce the monthly fees.
Given that enterprise customers operate on a large scale, they continuously perform numerous transactions, and paying much processing fees would invariably be tiresome. Hence Shopify Plus charges its clients a transaction fee lower than 0.2% and some cases 0%, depending on the store’s revenue which is a “Plus” for all its customers that carry out numerous transactions in their stores.
Hence Shopify Plus charges its clients a transaction fee lower than 0.2% and some cases 0%, depending on the store’s revenue which is a “Plus” for all its customers that carry out numerous transactions in their stores.
MAIN FEATURES: SHOPIFYPLUS
Being designed to take large-scale productivity and efficiency to another level, Shopify Plus is equipped with a variety of tools and features to achieve this purpose. Some of its key features are:
Previous Shopify plans do not allow clients to modify their checkout page, but Shopify Plus gives clients complete control over their checkout page by allowing them to make changes to the currency, text, layout, button states or custom error messages.
Also, the client’s checkout page URL remains CLIENTDOMAINNAME.com instead of CHECKOUT.SHOPIFY.com, allowing his customers to stay on his root URL throughout the entire purchase process. CLONE STORE/MULTI-STORE – Using this feature, clients can create multiple versions of their stores under a single account.
This feature, which is not available on Shopify’s basic plan, supports numerous languages and currencies making it great for international eCommerce as well as wholesaling and regional stores.
- SHOPIFY FLOW – This is the feature that performs automation. It allows the client to customize and automate tasks, inventories, and other processes that were previously manual. Here, repetitive tasks can be set to be performed automatically over time. Also, certain events or criteria can be set to occur by using custom logic triggers which helps the customer’s store to attend to requests and perform transactions even in his absence and without his supervision. Although these customizations sound complicated, the client does not require coding knowledge to implement them because the interface is ultimately designed to be easily understandable.
- LAUNCHPAD – This feature relieves merchants of the stress of preparing for one-off events regularly, as it helps to schedule product launches, pricing, adjust inventory levels and even theme customizations well in advance of the sale event.
- RACKSPACE & FASTLY – Using one of the world’s largest cloud hosting providers and also a high standard CDN, Shopify Plus has an added Uptime and CDN coverage over its eCommerce platform counterparts. It quickly deals with massive traffic and network fluxes without scalability issues hence producing an uninterrupted transaction process flow.
- FULL SSL AND PAGE CUSTOMIZATION – Most Shopify Plus clients crossed over because of this feature. It serves to protect their interests and gives them control over their store appearance.
EASE OF USE
Shopify Plus takes ease-of-use to another dimension. As can be seen above, its dashboard is straightforward. Everything from adding products, editing themes, and checking orders can quickly be done from the left sidebar.
The software was designed to handle all the backend codes on its servers using its API and its coding language Liquid which allows the clients to leave all coding processes to the app and focus on their business marketing and design. The simplicity of adding new products and carrying out transactions without worrying about complex algorithms puts the clients’ minds at ease.
Enterprise customers with little or no coding knowledge can use the app without the fear of being unable to perform transactions unaided.
The app is connected to a large number of platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon, which allows its users to reach customers by using them as sales channels easily.
- A high level of customization which includes customizable product pages and payment processing features.
Clients can design their stores to their tastes.
- Unlimited staff accounts for large companies and enterprises.
- Unlimited file storage and several products.
- Outstanding shipping discounts with printed shipping labels.
- Fraud analysis.
- 24/7 support.
- Built-in blogging tools with a page management system.
- Advanced report builder and professional reports.
- Abandoned cart recovery.
- Gift Card API.
- Multipass login feature which allows clients with separate websites or forums connect these channels to their Shopify Plus account, thereby allowing their customers to flow from one site to another without having to log in again on the platform.
- Publication Limitations – Despite having blogging tools and a page management system, Shopify Plus was built for eCommerce purposes and hence publishing platforms would find it somewhat challenging to work with it, as they would encounter several hurdles because of its limitations.
- Platform Lock-in – Although Shopify Plus is doing well financially on NYSE, there is still the issue of vendor risk and platform lock-in for clients to worry. If the software ran into problems, the client would bear the costs, and when moving to a new platform, the client only receives the data Shopify Plus exports for them.
- Platform Expertise – Because Shopify Plus was created to be unique in its productivity, it was developed using an in-house language Liquid. This at first may pose issues to enterprises that are more comfortable or familiar with Java, Ruby, or other more conventional languages. However, its developers envisaged this and built the app to have an extensive network of vetted agencies that clients can work with to make their changes for them.
WHO DOES IT FIT?
Shopify Plus was designed to cater to the ever-growing needs of expanding eCommerce brands around the world. By the end of 2016, a survey showed that 1 in 3 American consumers had purchased products from a Shopify store.
This growth required a software program that would meet up to its demands hence the development and release of Shopify Plus with its unlimited scalability that has been immensely beneficial to platforms like Nestle, Bombas, and MVMT.
The types of companies that should use Shopify Plus are large ventures, wholesalers, and enterprise-level eCommerce shops. Its robust and reliable nature makes it the ideal software for businesses who would otherwise have to hire technical staff.
Initially, businesses such as Dodocase and Black Milk Clothing who had grown through Shopify signed onto Shopify Plus, but with time, World enterprises such as Reddit, Redbull, and Wikipedia subsequently signed onto Shopify Plus.
There are still exceptional cases for medium-scale and small-scale enterprises where using Shopify Plus goes a long way towards bringing improvements in their operations, like an unprecedented boom in sales could bring a crash to the client’s store if preparations had not been made for such situations.
Shopify handles incidents like this so the client needn’t worry.
Shopify Plus is SaaS which stands for Software as a Service. This means it is a fully-hosted cloud-based software hence the only requirements for operating it are a computer, a good internet connection, and an updated web browser.
This is one of the fun parts of using Shopify Plus. The app boasts of over 1,500 apps and integrations available to customers for marketing, accounting, shipping, and reporting. The best part about using these integrations is that if a client does not find an app suitable for his purposes, he can contact the developers to build a new app using Shopify Plus’s REST API.
Shopify Plus is also integrated with Avalara, a tax software that automates tax calculations and the tax filing process. It provides real-time tax rates from more than 12,000 taxing jurisdictions as well as helps thousands of customers accurately calculate sales and use taxes based on up-to-date tax data.
Customer support is a key factor in the success of eCommerce platforms. Shopify Plus was designed with the interests of customers as a priority.
Shopify Plus clients are assigned a Merchant Success Manager, an individual charged with knowing everything about the client’s company and aiding the client in every way possible.
When working with Shopify Plus, clients are also assigned launch managers who will provide technical assistance in migration and development in services such as billing support and sales channels.
Shopify Plus clients receive fast responses to their questions via an exclusive priority-routed phone number on a 24/7 live support structure.
It is also partnered with Zendesk, an advanced customer support platform that uses simple, yet powerful tools that make it easy for clients to run their business from any location. The channels are connected so conversations with customers flow seamlessly and information can be shared easily.
KEY DIFFERENCES FROM SHOPIFY
Shopify had been created to offer services such as payments, marketing, shipping and customer engagement tools to simplify the process of running online stores for small enterprises.
However, over time, it was discovered that Shopify could not meet up to the requirements of its bigger clients and could not provide the services enterprise merchants needed in their businesses. Hence Shopify Plus was designed and equipped to fully cater to these needs. Some key differences between Shopify and Shopify Plus Review are:
- The presence of higher-level tools and more features in Shopify Plus.
- Shopify Plus’s unlimited scalability which gives its users all the space they need to expand and develop.
- There is a huge difference in their levels of customization. Shopify Plus has more payment processing as well as customizable page features for clients to design their stores to their specifications.
- Shopify has a limited amount of staff accounts, ranging from 2 to 15 depending on the plan, but Shopify Plus operates using unlimited staff accounts.
- Shopify Plus comes equipped with features that support International eCommerce such as multi-store and has lower transaction fees.
KEY DIFFERENCES FROM MAGENTO
Although Magento has been around for much longer than Shopify Plus, Shopify Plus has gradually outpaced it in productivity and efficiency. Due to its in-built API and programming language, Shopify Plus can effortlessly expand and develop to accommodate the needs of its clients.
This advantage gives it an edge to surpass most eCommerce platforms. The key differences between these two eCommerce platforms are:
- Magento suffers the disadvantage of self-hosting. Its clients are required to pay service providers to host and accommodate their store network traffic monthly. On Magento, the costs of hosting and apps increase with store expansion. The network traffic is unreliable due to fluctuations. It doesn’t help that a significant part of Magneto’s structure was built more for performance and load testing than for the clients, whereas Shopify Plus with its in-built SaaS package and unlimited hosting handles massive requests and network traffic, allowing its clients to focus on their business without worrying about website crashes.
- Magento is an open-source platform that gives its clients free access to modify all its modules and design the website to suit their needs. But to do this, the clients are required to have an in-depth knowledge of the platform’s structure or incur the cost of hiring a developer.
Shopify Plus comes with its inbuilt API and coding language, making it easy for its clients to grow their business without the need for coding knowledge.
- Customer Support – Magento users are provided with community forums to solve their problems. They have to search for solutions and ask other clients who have been in similar situations.
Shopify Plus utilizes a 24/7 live support service where clients can call and be attended to at all times.