Setting up a Shopify store is fairly easy. Nowadays a lot of people are trying their hand in these Shopify stores. There are also a lot of different methods through which the people can get their payment from these Shopify stores. People often have a doubt on how to use PayPal with Shopify and today we’re here with a guide to help you regarding that.
Paypal is one of the most popular leading online payment services which is used by many of the people around the world. This application makes payments directly from your account and into your account in just a few clicks.
If you have started an online website using Shopify then you must know how to set up the PayPal application.
How Do I Add Paypal To My Shopify Store?
PayPal is automatically added to your Shopify store with the email address that you use to create your store. If you have a PayPal account using the email address same as your Shopify store then you will get your funds directly into that account.
Shopify automatically creates a PayPal express checkout when you specify your email. If you don’t have a PayPal account using the same email address as your Shopify store then you can add the email address in your PayPal account.
You also need to upgrade your personal PayPal account to your business PayPal account.
Do You Need Paypal For Shopify?
It is not compulsory to use a PayPal account with your Shopify store. Shopify also consists of its own payment method.
Shopify’s own payment method is only applicable to limited countries. There are also some other third-party payment gateways that you can use if you want to use PayPal.
Paypal also charges some percent of fees if you use it as your medium of payment through Shopify. One of the most beneficial methods that you can use for your Shopify payment is the direct payment mode of Shopify itself.
How Do I Add A Paypal Button To Shopify?
To add a PayPal button to your Shopify store, you will have to go to your Shopify admin dashboard and then follow these steps given below:-
- Click on the option called Online Stores
- Further, you have to click on the option called Themes
- Find the theme that you want to edit
- Click on the option called Customise
- Click on the option called Product pages from the top bar drop-down menu.
- Check the button called Show Dynamic Checkout Button
- Finally, click on the option called save
You will see the dynamic checkout button on your Shopify store. If you do not see any checkout button then you will have to update your theme.
How Do I Add A PayPal Credit Button To Shopify?
To add a PayPal credit button to your Shopify store you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First, you will have to log in to your Shopify admin panel
- On your admin panel dashboard, you will have to click on the option called Online Store
- Further, you will have to click on the option called Themes
- Click on the ellipsis (…) option
- Click on the option called Edit HTML/CSS
- Go to the Layout option
- Choose the tab of liquid
- Now you will have to obtain your PayPal credit banner code from PayPal Financing
- Paste your PayPal Credit banner code into the template being edited.
- Click on the option called Save
Step-By-Step Guide on HowTo Use PayPal With Shopify
Using your PayPal account with your Shopify store can be a very great decision. When you create your store on Shopify then a PayPal express checkout is automatically created using the email address which you have used to create your Shopify store.
There is no need for extra effort when you are using PayPal as your default shopping option on Shopify. In fact, PayPal is a default Shopify payment application.
If you want to set up your PayPal account with Shopify then you will have to follow the step-by-step procedure which we have mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to create an official Shopify account using the Shopify application.
- You must also have an official PayPal account. If you have a personal PayPal account then you can upgrade it to a business PayPal account.
- You can also create a new PayPal account using the same email address as your Shopify account. Make sure that the email address in your Shopify account and your PayPal account is the same.
- You now need to log in using your Shopify admin dashboard.
- On your dashboard, you will have to click on the option called Settings Tog present in the far left corner.
- Now click on the option called Payment Providers.
- A PayPal section will be displayed on your screen. Click on the option called Edit present in that section and then on the option called Deactivate.
- A dialogue box will appear on your screen and you have to again click on Confirm Deactivation. Your PayPal account will be reactivated.
- Now, again click on the option called Activate in your PayPal account section.
- Enter your password. You can now also change your PayPal address.
- You can edit your account and also use a different account to accept the Shopify payment and you can also use your PayPal account which is already logged in into your browser.
- Click on the option called Grant Permission to activate your PayPal account which is logged in into your browser already.
- A PayPal Permissions Page will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on the option called I Give Permission
- To complete the full set up you will have to undertake a PayPal Test Transaction.
If you have the same email address in your PayPal account as in your Shopify account then you do not have to carry out any extra procedure.
Your PayPal account will be directly combined with your Shopify account and you will now be able to use PayPal with Shopify.
You can easily make any transaction with PayPal and if your customer is paying through PayPal then the money will be directly transferred to your account without any delay.