Setting up a Shopify store is fairly easy. Nowadays a lot of people are trying their hand in these Shopify stores. There are also a lot of different methods through which people can get their payment from these Shopify stores. People often have a doubt on how to use PayPal with Shopify and today we’re here with a guide to help you regarding that.
Paypal is one of the most popular leading online payment services which is used by many of people around the world. To be precise, PayPal had 377 million total active accounts at the end of 2020. This application makes payments directly from your account and into your account in just a few clicks.
If you have started an online website using Shopify then you must know how to set up the PayPal application.
How Do I Add Paypal To My Shopify Store?
PayPal is automatically added to your Shopify store with the email address that you use to create your store. If you have a PayPal account using the email address same as your Shopify store then you will get your funds directly into that account.
Shopify automatically creates a PayPal express checkout when you specify your email. If you don’t have a PayPal account using the same email address as your Shopify store then you can add the email address in your PayPal account.
You also need to upgrade your personal PayPal account to your business PayPal account.
Do You Need Paypal For Shopify?
It is not compulsory to use a PayPal account with your Shopify store. Shopify also consists of its own payment method.
Shopify’s own payment method is only applicable to limited countries. There are also some other third-party payment gateways that you can use if you want to use PayPal.
Paypal also charges some percent of fees if you use it as your medium of payment through Shopify. One of the most beneficial methods that you can use for your Shopify payment is the direct payment mode of Shopify itself.
How Do I Add A Paypal Button To Shopify?
To add a PayPal button to your Shopify store, you will have to go to your Shopify admin dashboard and then follow these steps given below:-
- Click on the option called Online Stores
- Further, you have to click on the option called Themes
- Find the theme that you want to edit
- Click on the option called Customise
- Click on the option called Product pages from the top bar drop-down menu.
- Check the button called Show Dynamic Checkout Button
- Finally, click on the option called save
You will see the dynamic checkout button on your Shopify store. If you do not see any checkout button then you will have to update your theme.
How Do I Add A PayPal Credit Button To Shopify?
To add a PayPal credit button to your Shopify store you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First, you will have to log in to your Shopify admin panel
- On your admin panel dashboard, you will have to click on the option called Online Store
- Further, you will have to click on the option called Themes
- Click on the ellipsis (…) option
- Click on the option called Edit HTML/CSS
- Go to the Layout option
- Choose the tab of liquid
- Now you will have to obtain your PayPal credit banner code from PayPal Financing
- Paste your PayPal Credit banner code into the template being edited.
- Click on the option called Save
Step-By-Step Guide on HowTo Use PayPal With Shopify
Using your PayPal account with your Shopify store can be a very great decision. When you create your store on Shopify then a PayPal express checkout is automatically created using the email address which you have used to create your Shopify store.
There is no need for extra effort when you are using PayPal as your default shopping option on Shopify. In fact, PayPal is a default Shopify payment application.
If you want to set up your PayPal account with Shopify then you will have to follow the step-by-step procedure which we have mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to create an official Shopify account using the Shopify application.
- You must also have an official PayPal account. If you have a personal PayPal account then you can upgrade it to a business PayPal account.
- You can also create a new PayPal account using the same email address as your Shopify account. Make sure that the email address in your Shopify account and your PayPal account is the same.
- You now need to log in using your Shopify admin dashboard.
- On your dashboard, you will have to click on the option called Settings Tog present in the far left corner.
- Now click on the option called Payment Providers.
- A PayPal section will be displayed on your screen. Click on the option called Edit present in that section and then on the option called Deactivate.
- A dialogue box will appear on your screen and you have to again click on Confirm Deactivation. Your PayPal account will be reactivated.
- Now, again click on the option called Activate in your PayPal account section.
- Enter your password. You can now also change your PayPal address.
- You can edit your account and also use a different account to accept the Shopify payment and you can also use your PayPal account which is already logged in into your browser.
- Click on the option called Grant Permission to activate your PayPal account which is logged in into your browser already.
- A PayPal Permissions Page will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on the option called I Give Permission
- To complete the full set up you will have to undertake a PayPal Test Transaction.
If you have the same email address in your PayPal account as in your Shopify account then you do not have to carry out any extra procedure.
Your PayPal account will be directly combined with your Shopify account and you will now be able to use PayPal with Shopify.
You can easily make any transaction with PayPal and if your customer is paying through PayPal then the money will be directly transferred to your account without any delay.
PayPal’s shipping and billing addresses
The billing address fields were filled by PayPal with the shipping address of the customer. By tapping on “Change”, the information can be edited by the customers.
PayPal works like this, and this cannot be changed or modified. Only one address can be sent by Shopify to PayPal. For ordinary PayPal payments, this particular address needs to be the shipping address. This is because already the billing address is possessed by PayPal. Shopify cannot know ahead of time whether a customer possesses a PayPal account or not. Therefore, the billing address cannot be sent by Shopify, like when a customer makes use of a credit card for payment instead.
Paying without a PayPal account
With PayPal Express, the customers are asked to log in to a PayPal account or make a PayPal account. However, guest payments can be enabled to let the customers make payments by making use of the credit card even if they do not possess a Paypal Account. To enable this feature, you will have to link your credit card to the PayPal Business account you own.
To enable guest payments, you will have to modify your PayPal account settings.
Necessity of phone numbers
Phone numbers are required for the Paypal Express checkout orders. However, in case you rely on having the contact information of your customers and make use of PayPal Express, you may have noticed that the phone number is not contained on the order details page. For adding the phone number section to the checkout, get in touch with the support team of PayPal.
PayPal for automatic billing
When PayPal Express is activated on your store, PayPal is asked by Shopify for the approval of reference transactions on behalf of you as soon as it finds out that you are making use of an app actively that automatically charges the customers. In case you are not approved for reference transactions with PayPal, and an order is made by a customer that consists of a subscription, PayPal will be hidden by Shopify during the checkout. In case you are making use of a post-purchase upsell app, PayPal will be shown by Shopify as a payment option during the checkout, even if you are not approved yet for reference transactions with PayPal. However, the customers will not be shown the post-purchase offers.
For checking to see, if you have been approved or not, you can review the status of the request on the payments page of the Shopify Admin.
Through email, PayPal will get in touch with you when you are approved for reference transactions. In case they require more information, they may get in touch with you before approving you. After getting approved, Shopify shows PayPal as a payment option on the store when the customer orders something that possesses automatic billing.
Also, PayPal may deny you reference transactions, and in that case, PayPal will not notify you in any way.
PayPal Business account fees
You do not need to incur any kind of setup fees for your PayPal business account. The account can be created for free. You can link your credit card or bank account to accept 25 currencies from 202 nations. PayPal Express is a payment gateway for Shopify merchants and can be easily integrated into the store.
Making use of Shopify payments and PayPal Express
While making use of Shopify payments in the store for accepting credit card payments, you will have to pay credit card fees for every transaction based on the plan. You will only need to pay the fees for the payment gateway that the customers make use of for checking out. You will never be double-billed.