One thing we have seen in the e-commerce industry ever since it came into existence is the fact that the companies that have nailed their delivery system have survived whatever has come their way in the industry but those who have focused on everything else but don’t have their delivery systems sorted are still struggling to make their mark in the industry despite all the fundings in the world behind them.
Yes, the first name that comes to mind is Amazon which has its own delivery unit but did you know that even Amazon uses other delivery services such as FedEx in some parts of the world.
This is because companies like FedEx and others have literally nailed the area in which they are operating and they have systems which protect both the parties when it comes to deliveries so that no one gets hurt.
Now, there is an option inside FedEx where you can ask them to not deliver your parcel and just hold it for you at their location and then you can re-request them to deliver whenever you are back home so that everything is safe and secure.
Now, we know that such a system exists for Amazon as well where you can ask their excellent customer service agents to hold your parcel from being delivered for some reason or the other which includes that you are not at home or you don’t want to risk losing it as there might be some valuable item inside it.
So, talking about FedEx, such an option exists and we are going to tell you all about how it works in this article.
How does FedEx hold at location work in 2023?
As we mentioned earlier, FedEx gives you the option to hold your parcel at location in case you want the added security of collecting the parcel by yourself and not wanting to deliver it when you are not at home or you just want to surprise someone and do not want to ruin the surprise by getting it delivered.
Also, it is possible that the parcel requires your signature but you are not available at your location then that could also be the reason why you want your FedEx parcel to be held at location. Since this is possible, we will tell you how you can request FedEx hold at location in 2023.
- First of all, you need to go to the FedEx website and visit their tracking page and then enter your tracking number which would have been sent to your phone as well as registered email address.
- After that, you can select the option of Manage Delivery and then select the Hold at Location option from the dropdown which will make sure that your parcel is held at location and not get delivered.
- Now, you will get a list of locations where FedEx will hold your parcel and make sure to select the location nearest to you because it is also the location from where you will need to pick it up once you are back. If you are somewhere else then you can choose the location nearest to you at that time so that your parcel is held at that location which means that FedEx will ship your parcel to that location.
- Once it reaches your nearest location, you will get a confirmation message that your parcel is ready to be picked up and you can do so at your convenience. Note that home delivery will not be possible once you request the hold-at-location option from FedEx.
It is worth noting that FedEx locations are not limited to FedEx Office or FedEx Ship Center stores but can include several other businesses that are working with FedEx to provide this service, like:
- Independently-owned FedEx Authorized ShipCenters
- Participating Walgreens locations
- Participating Albertson’s, Kroger, and other grocery stores
- FedEx Office inside some Walmart locations
When do customers need the FedEx Hold at Location option?
Now, the obvious question that will come to your mind is when do i need to use the FedEx hold at location option because such a situation has never arrived to you ever before. Well, same was the case with us as well but as they say, things happen to you for the first time and then you realize the importance of the options you have.
That is exactly how we got to know about the FedEx hold at location feature because I was worried when there was a travel plan coming up and my parcel was arriving on the day when I was about to leave for another country.
Apart from this, there are various reasons why you might need to use the FedEx hold at location option and they are as follows:
1. Customer is away from their location
One of the main reasons why you need to use the FedEx Hold at Location option is when you are not at the location where your parcel is going to be delivered and this may be your residence, office, or any other location. This is the primary reason why you need to request the company to hold your parcel at their participating locations from where you can pick it up once you are back.
Other reason is that the delivery might require your signature to mark it as delivered and since that is the case, if you are not at your location then the parcel will not get delivered which is why you can request it to be held at location from where you can pick it up by signing.
2. Parcel theft issue
If you live in an area where you fear that your parcel will be stolen since you might not be at the location for most of the time and your parcel will be delivered in an open area and you don’t have security then this is the best use of FedEx Hold at Location because this way, you can make sure that you collect your parcel on your own without any risks whatsoever.
3. Delivery issue
This is a common issue as well where FedEx is unable to deliver your parcel because of issues with your location or something else then in order to get your parcel as quickly as possible, you can request the parcel to be held at location and select the location which is the most convenient for you and pick it up from there from your way back to work.
As we have already mentioned, there are a wide variety of reasons why you might want to use the FedEx Hold at Location option for your delivery. It is worth noting that FedEx does not take any charges from you for requesting this option unless you request it quite far away from your original location.